Monday, February 15, 2010

Accordion Card and Big Chickie Card

Hi All,

It's about time I blogged again. I guess sometimes it depends on what's on my plate. We went to Lawrenceville, GA, Anaheim, CA and Grapevine, TX since the beginning of the year. Surprisingly, they could all be described as cold, cold, cold. With heavy rains. It sounds all too familiar to the climate here in Seattle. This weekend we head out to Tucson, AZ where it should be warmer. Here's to hoping...:)

Here are a couple of projects I had up my sleeve.

This is an accordion card. It measured about 4.5x4.5 inches square. You can adjust based on the size you want. I used the new stems. You can stamp hearts, flowers, stars, or anything to make your own flower. I used the ATG adhesive to attach these buttons. I also love, love, love the Swiss dot. It looks so decorative and sweet with it.


Here is a fun one I experimented. We asked for stamp design requests and one was for a big chickie. Sooooo..... your wish is our command. Here is the Giant Chickie, all decked out! I had fun "dressing" her with the sunglasses and new umbrella. You can add hats, and props to her for any and all occasions. Notice the dimensional umbrella. It was done by stamping a second umbrella and cutting it out and folding it in half and attaching it to the other umbrella for a dimensional touch. It's a great look.

It's hard to see the other dimensional parts. I stamped the back row of flowers on the card, but then stamped a picket fence on a separated card stock, cut it out and folded it in two places on each end to create a box fold so it would "stick out" from the card. I then attached the additional rosettes to the front of the picket fence.



No comments: