Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Filigree Cards

Hi All,

We just launched a new DeNami Design blog page. It is still located at http://denami.blogspot.com, but the old contents will be located here. Since this will become my blog, I may venture out beyond card making to fun posts.

The card below showcased our new stamp positioner called Stamp Align. You can request it via email, since it's not uploaded on the shopping cart at the website.

The card looks like it has several layers, but it is all stamped on the White Cardstock using the Onyx Black VersaFine pad. I used the stamp positioner to place each of the nesting circle stamps including the central crest image. It was especially useful stamping the stripe across the middle of the card in order to make sure it was straight. I did mask off the nesting stamps before stamping the stripe in order to not stamp on it. I then used the stripe stamp to stamp diagonally across the bottom of the card. I masked the rest of the card so I could stamp the plaid.

After stamping the first stripe, I just lined up the next stripe along the wood block and kept stamping all the way across the card. I then did the same going the other direction and stamping it back across to create the plaid pattern.

I used the mini Swiss dot for the upper polka dots and added the 3D Lacquer on the dots and the crest and sprinkled the Onyx Sparkletts glitter for a deep sparkle.


This card was stamped with our new flourish. I used the Essential Glue pad and sprinkled the Silver Sparkletts glitter. I then made a waistband with layers of Pearlescent paper, Black Cardstock and Black Glitter Ribbon.


I added the 3D Lacquer to the filigree and added the Onyx Sparkletts glitter to it. I then used the Quickie Glue Pen to the ring and added the Xtra Fine glitter to it for a delicate shine.




No comments: