Friday, May 1, 2009

Cards Akron Show Day 2

Hi All,

Mother's Day is just around the corner. I had fun making a cheerful card for the occasion. What better than give your Mom a garden patch flowers and one that does not need to be watered. This is using the 3 columns pop-up card kit from DeNami Design. You can get it here http://www.denamidesign.com/
This is the cover I made for the card. You can just make this cover as your actual card if you prefer. I used the Eggplant cardstock and the Platinum Brilliance ink pad. I then used the 3D Lacquer on the vine leaves and sprinkled it with the Amethyst Sparkletts glitter. It gave it a dimensional effect that was stunning.
I stamped the white band with the same vine stamp in the Imperial Purple VersFine pad and added the same Amethyst Sparkletts glitter. I also added dots of 3D Lacquer and sprinkled the Silver Sparkletts and then did dot for the Green Sparkletts glitter.
I stamped the circle stamps with the circle sentiments in the Imperial Purple VersaFine. I used the Pink MV-04 Marvy Punch and the Giga MV-05 Marvy Punch with the Pearl Cardstock for the outer circle.



This was a really sweet card. I stamped the same vine stamp as the Mother's Day card above to create the background. I used the Sea Breeze VersaMagic pad and then added the 3 D Lacquer on the leaves and sprinkled with the Blue Ice Sparkletts glitter. I layered the band with the Blue Ice cardstock, the Pearl cardstock and the Bronze cardstock to create the band. I stamped the white band with the Leafy Sprig, which is part of the same collection, and stamped some in the Sea Breeze and glue pad then sprinkled the Blue ice Sparkletts. This allowed it to look different than the background.
I stamped the Double ring and Circle sentiments "wedding" in Onyx Black VersaFine. I then used the Wedding petit fours for the focal design. I then colored in with markers and added glitter with the Quickie glue pen and Sparkletts. I topped this with the Iridescent edge ribbon.

This is a cheerful card using the new little polka dot stamp. I then used the Large Swirl background with the Glue pad and Ruby Red glitter. I then layered the band with black, red and white. I stamped the white band with the polka dot border.
I stamped the circle dot stamp and various ladybugs with the VersaFine Onyx Black pad and colored in with markers. I finished it off with the 3D Lacquer for the glossy touch.
Notice the little "charms" on the bow. I used the one inch punch and stamped the tiny ladybug using the "Bitty Bugs" petit fours set. You can use the various bitty bugs for a background along with the little polka dot to create a variation for the background. Stamp on a white cardstock and color in for more contrast.

I have more cards to upload, so stay tuned!

No comments: